Green Motion leads the way in green car hire - Car Rental News
Green Motion leads the way in green car hire
Car Rental News - Monday, 7th January 2008
Volkswagen BlueMotion cars add top-class technology to the fleet.
The UK-based Green Motion Vehicle Rental has solidified its reputation as the most environmentally-friendly European car rental company by introducing the Volkswagen Polo BlueMotion model to its fleet.
The company only rents out vehicles that abide by strict codes, meaning they are in the top of their class as far as CO2 emissions, fuel economy and CO2 reduction technology.
Green Motion founder and Managing Director Richard Lowden said: "We are delighted to welcome Volkswagen's BlueMotion product onto our fleet. Being able to offer our customers the choice to hire quality Volkswagen product while making their contribution to reducing their carbon footprint represents a unique and powerful selling opportunity."
Green Motion also plans to add to its fleet the BlueMotion models of the Golf hatchback and Estate and Passat Saloon later this year.
There are currently three active rental agencies located in Palmers Green in North London, Oxford, and Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire.
Nick Berry, rental and direct sales manager for Volkswagen Fleet Services, said the company was "delighted" that Green Motion added BlueMotion vehicles to its fleet.
"Customers are increasingly concerned about the environmental impact of their motoring activites and our vehicles enable them to 'do their bit' while offering a high quality driving experience," Berry said.
- Renting 'green' gains popularity
- Europcar deals in the new year
- Holiday package prices predicted to soar
- Hi-tech navigation from Irish Car Rentals
- National Car Rental Launches Reward Programs
- DAA raises the price of car hire from Dublin
- Irish car hire companies hike holiday prices
- No prints, no rental car
- Argus shortlisted for Golden Spider
- Car lease website delivers fast results
- Holiday makers warned to book cars early
- Early snow prompts specials from easycar
- Sixt rental car has what you need in Barcelona
- New CEO for easyCar.com
- Car hire brings in the bucks for Ryanair
- 250 car hire company complaints made in Dublin
- A merger of two car club companies
- Car hire tips
- Budget joins Carrental.co.uk team
- Construction to begin on Ironbridge Gorge
- Delays continue on the A3 motorway
- Autumn promotion with CarDelMar
- New partnership scheme for easier booking
- British travelers rent cars longer
- Broken-down Britons abroad may be fined